I may be able to answer my own question / problem.
I think it was a permissions problem with trying to directly Save As ( File > Save As -- choose Filetype Drawing Template .dwt) a template file to C:\Program Files (x86)\MicroSurvey\MSCAD2010\templates
. This directory is a "protected" directory. Although I did not receive an error message from MSCAD 2010 when I tried to do this (at least, not that was brought to my attention with, say, a pop-up error window), if I tried to manually copy a file to the C:\Program Files (x86)\MicroSurvey\MSCAD2010\templates
directory, Windows popped up a window saying I could only proceed as an Administrator. Of course, I said yes.
So, when I tried to Save As directly to C:\Program Files (x86)\MicroSurvey\MSCAD2010\templates
, I don't think that worked.
What appears to have worked was to Save As -- choose File Type template (.dwt) -- a new file in a folder local under my home folder, then manually copy that template file to C:\Program Files (x86)\MicroSurvey\MSCAD2010\templates
-- choose OK when prompted for Administrator permissions -- and then rename that file to icad.dwt.
Alternatively, the MicroSurvey Project Manager (command _project_manager
--or-- File > MicroSurvey Project Manager...) appears to open a .dwg just fine as a template:
- File > MicroSurvey Project Manager...
- At the bottom of the MicroSurvey Project Manager under the Template Drawing section, check Use Template, then select the [ Set Template ] button (to the right of the checkbox)
- in the Select Template Drawing window, navigate to the folder where the drawing (.dwg) or template (.dwt) file is located
- select either *.dwt (for a template file) or *.dwg (for an actual drawing file) in the Files of type field
- double click on the file you want to use as a template drawing file or select the file and click on the [ Open ] button
The resulting drawing had the correct Linetype scale and Global linetype scale in Settings > Drawing Settings [ Entity Creation ]